ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Background Blurred

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark OgdenBackground Blurred
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 8:25:46 pm

Hi,

My first post and I am new to after effects. I have created a comp for a friends wedding which is a montage of around 200 images.

I have finished adding all the images and created all the key frames so the camera pans around the screen across the various images.

The problem I am having though is that the background I am using is always blurred. When I am not in camera view if I use the scroll real and zoom in quite far the image appears as it should. But with the camera view I cannot get it to appear correctly. I have tried adjusting scale and even zooming the camera all the way in (which would be no good anyway as it would zoom everything else).

The image I am using as a background is 7216x5412 with a paper texture.

There is probably something really simple I am missing as I am new to this but just wondering if anyone has any tips.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Background Blurred
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 8:42:40 pm

Double click the camera and see if you have depth of field enabled. If you do turn it off.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mark OgdenRe: Background Blurred
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 10:01:05 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I have checked is disabled.

If you look at the two images you can see the difference. I understand the camera angle of view is different but I am just trying to find a way to keep the same angle of view but get the background to look like it is more zoomed in without zooming further into the other images.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2013 at 12:39:36 am

Scale up the paper background, to 800% or so.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2013 at 7:43:12 pm

Thanks again for the reply, I tried this also but it just makes it more blurred/blocky. Same goes for zooming the camera in.

The only way I can see the image as it should be is using the scroll wheel to zoom close in.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:50:11 pm

Ok I think I know where I have gone wrong.

My background image is 7216x5412 and when I first started the composition I dragged the image to the "create a new composition" button. What I did not realise at the time (but do now) is that the whole composition I have created is at a resolution of 7216x5412 which obviously explains why the background is so blurred.

I feel like a right idiot :(

If I lower the comp size, to say 1024x768 is there an easy way (or just a way) to reduce everything down to the equivalent percentage they would be in the new reduced size and also keep there position relative to the new comp size? Or am I going to have to pretty much start from scratch again?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2013 at 12:53:04 am

Yeah, I was at a loss why an image with such high resolution looked so bad, I would never of come up with that answer...just one of those things you do once, and you'll never do again.

Check out this script for scaling everything done all at once, I find it very handy. Recursive Scale Comp

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2013 at 3:46:04 pm

Thank you for all your help and especially for pointing me to that script! Saved me a lot of heartache!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]