ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting a composition with no color management.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Elkins
Exporting a composition with no color management.
on Aug 13, 2013 at 12:56:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm having a hell of a time finding any solutions to my (what must be a) simple problem. I am working in an After Effects composition without any color management. The colors look exactly as they should, and I want to export the composition so that they appear as intended in Quicktime (as the client will most likely be viewing the video on a Mac in Quicktime).

Is there any way to maintain the colors as they appear in my composition, at the very least for the sake of a rough presentation? Regardless of what color space I apply, the colors become incredibly bright and desaturated (even in After Effects). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am on a Mac running CC.

Thank you very much,

Carl

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Exporting a composition with no color management.
on Aug 14, 2013 at 4:15:40 pm

[Carl Elkins] "Regardless of what color space I apply, the colors become incredibly bright and desaturated (even in After Effects)"

The "even in After Effects" comment is surprising. What codec is the source footage, and what effects were applied? Some screen captures would be helpful.

If the issue is purely related to QuickTime playback of H.264 files, you could render using Sorenson or SV3 at full quality and without limiting bitrate. Alternatively, you might be able to play a 720p ProRes or DNxHD file in real time depending on hardware capability.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]