ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shadow not casting on 3D text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Warthen
Shadow not casting on 3D text
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:04:30 pm

I brought in a dolly shot, used camera tracker, camera was solved, chose my track points, created text and camera, extruded text, created a light, changed light color, but my text is still just white. I've looked at several tutorials and I've done everything they say to do, but there is still no shadows on the text. I'm not looking for shadows on the ground (I know I would need to create a layer to catch that shadow), I'm just looking for the light to have some effect on the text. Anybody?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Shadow not casting on 3D text
on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:16:14 pm

Post a screen grab of your comp and your text layer with the text and light settings twirled open. Use the last icon in the replay box to upload your screen grab. When you upload the jpeg, you need to click on it and copy the embed link into your reply(just saying that cause so many people miss that when uploading)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matthew Warthen
on Aug 6, 2013 at 7:26:02 pm

<a href='http://f1.creativecow.net/6371/6371'>6371_screenshot20130806at3.15.26pm.png.zip</a>

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Aug 7, 2013 at 1:14:28 am

I did notice your light was only at 40% intensity, but that's not going to do much.Just upload your project...If you upload the .aep file, using the last icon, and I'll take a look at it.

Here's a quick project, I made for casting shadows, you can also take a look at that if it helps: 6374_shadowtest.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]