ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blood Spray

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jayson palmerBlood Spray
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 8:07:30 pm

I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to get a good blood spraying effect? Basically we have a scene where a saw is cutting into flesh and I want to add a stream of blood shooting out as the saw moves up plus some little trickles like rain.

I have trapcode particular if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Blood Spray
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 10:28:03 pm

Stuff like this is best done as a practical effect. It's a lot easier to make fake blood and change up the shots a bit than it is to try to make liquid in Particular.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jayson palmerRe: Blood Spray
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 12:24:24 am

Yeah, unfortunitly the FX crew on set lied about their experience so the blood only dribbles out with none actually shooting out, so I thought I'd help try and make the scene a little better. But if it can't be done, then so be it.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Blood Spray
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:04:44 pm

Well, it's no that you can't do it, but for someone who isn't an experienced AE practitioner, the experience can be summed up in three words: Hell On Earth.

That's no joke. You can also add a time factor in another three words. Weeks Of Pain.

And no amount of coaching in posts in a forum can help with this particular conundrum.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jayson palmerRe: Blood Spray
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:19:32 pm

Cool. Thanks guys. I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Todd StopaRe: Blood Spray
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:14:21 am

this is the best tutorial I could find for spraying water in AE, you could use this technique to get blood spray that looks pretty darnd good if done right.

-Auto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]