ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE transparent backgound (again)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathew McCarthy
AE transparent backgound (again)
on Jul 30, 2013 at 11:08:48 pm

I've looked at other posts about transparent backgrounds and exporting out of AE but I'm still stuck. This is where I am:

I've created animated writing by importing a PNG file with a transparent background. The animation works great in AE. I've got the toggle transparency grid activated. Then I go to Add to Render Queue. Click on Lossless. Format is Quicktime. Channels set to RGB+Alpha, millions of colors, Color set to straight (I've also tried premultiplied. Format Options to PNG and I've also tried animation.

I render it and it ends up with a black background. I imported it into FCP7 thinking the background would dropout and only the animated text would show over the vid I shot but no luck.

I think I'm doing everything I've read on the forum but I'm having no luck. I'm about to punch my monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.Mat

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: AE transparent backgound (again)
on Jul 31, 2013 at 12:12:02 am

Pretty sure it is a setting in FCP, but import the file you rendered out back into AE and see if it has a transparent background. Also, if you are viewing the file in Quicktime, transparency will be black, so it's hard to tell that way.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mathew McCarthy
on Jul 31, 2013 at 12:15:52 am

You're right. A re import into AE shows a transparent background. I guess I'll have to check FCP settings. Any ideas about FCP?

Thanks!

Mat

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 31, 2013 at 3:37:12 am

Wish I could help, I haven't used a Mac since '98. Knowing where the problem resides though, should give you a pretty good starting point in divining a solution. Good luck.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jul 31, 2013 at 4:31:06 am

Prores 4444 should work without any additional hassle in FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]