ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unveiling triangle flip effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudine Boulanger
Unveiling triangle flip effect
on Jul 25, 2013 at 2:59:28 pm

Hi, i'm looking for the cleanest and most effective way to create that king of triangle flip effect: https://vimeo.com/50564569

I want to use it almost exactly in the same way, unveiling pictures and elements.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Unveiling triangle flip effect
on Jul 25, 2013 at 4:00:00 pm

Nothing complicated about it(just tedious), you place your image in a precomp and drop that into your final. You would create one layer for each shape. Mask each layer, adjust the anchor point, enable 3D and animate each layer unfolding. Add a light to create the shadows.

If I have time today, I'll see if I can make an example project for you, so you can see the process illustrated.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:08:42 pm

So I made a little example project and I think that if you know illustrator you could probably make your shapes a little quicker and accurately. I don't know illustrator well enough to do that, so I just made my masks in AE the best I could, but you should get the idea of how to do this by looking at my project.

6321_triangles.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Diego Núñez
on Aug 28, 2014 at 11:24:17 am

Hi,

thanks for the example!! I need to do something similar but I´m wondering if there are any precise way to control the unfold angle. The numeric panel seems to be dificult to adjust. Any advice?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]