ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pre-Comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc LucasPre-Comps
by on Jul 18, 2013 at 3:02:32 pm

I have three (3D) text layers parented to a Null which is animated.

I need to make three versions of the text layers so I pre-comped the four layer and copied all attributes to the Comp hit return and it disappeared.

Where has it gone in the main timeline? When I also open the Pre-Comp to have a look at the layers it is a black canvas so I switched to the camera tool and moved around and saw the layers there but still can't see in the main timeline.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Pre-Comps
by on Jul 18, 2013 at 9:21:48 pm

Show a screenshot of your Timeline panel and Composition panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: Pre-Comps
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 1:03:21 am

When I did that recently, it was because I had forgotten to "COPY ATTRIBUTES TO PRECOMP" or whatever it is.

Best thing is to back up in History until they reappear and try again.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Marc LucasRe: Pre-Comps
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 9:58:47 am

Thanks for the reply Eric but I had already done that it is a little more problematic than that:-)

I think I've got a better understanding what is going on BUT don't understand why it has happened. Maybe Todd can help to put me right?

The text in the and its positions can be seen in Fig_1 & 2 it is facing the camera that I had brought in from C4D after using Extract in the Cineware plugin (I think this might be the route of the confusion?)
The text is rotated roughly 100 degrees by a Null to give an animation of the text coming in from one of the sides of the screen.
When I pre Comp the two text layers and Null the text disappears in the main Composition window (Fig_3)
When I open the pre comp I can see the text and Null but they have some way been rotated 180 degrees because the Z axis seems to be facing the other way (Fig_4)

Why after pre comping has this happened is it because the co-ordinate systems in both AE & C4D aren't the same?

Please find the links to the screen grabs

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2003727/AE%20Grabs.zip

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: Pre-Comps
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 3:21:52 pm

Double check that the precomp layer is also 3D.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]