ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I used a text animation preset and want to use it on another layer but not sure which one I used

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi BooseI used a text animation preset and want to use it on another layer but not sure which one I used
by on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:40:32 pm

Is there a way to see which particular text animation preset I used so I can easily use it on another layer? I totally can't remember what it was and don't see anything in effects - just all the complicated keyframes in the text animator properties.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: I used a text animation preset and want to use it on another layer but not sure which one I used
by on Jul 11, 2013 at 7:14:47 pm

No.

You select everything the text animator created(clicking animator 1 to highlight it) go to Animation > Save Animation preset and just create a new preset based on the one you have.

Or you could go to the preset browser, by clicking the pulldown on the Effects and Presets tab, select "Browse Presets", navigate to text, then start looking in the appropriate folders.

If you can describe the animation, perhaps someone here might just know which one it is.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

TImi BooseRe: I used a text animation preset and want to use it on another layer but not sure which one I used
by on Jul 12, 2013 at 4:01:59 am

Thanks - It kind of worked - didn't seem to copy the keyframes the same way for some reason - but it got me close enough!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: I used a text animation preset and want to use it on another layer but not sure which one I used
by on Jul 12, 2013 at 12:51:11 pm

Strange, I highlighted the keyframe layers too and it copied those too. Glad I could "kind of" help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]