ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

LoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric ChardLoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 5:17:00 am

I thought I remembered a variety of the Loop expression that was a combination of LoopIn and LoopOut, in that it would repeat a set of keyframes both BEFORE the first keyframe and AFTER the last keyframe, but it's not popping up in my searches.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks! Nothing confuses me as much as expressions. (Except politics and significant others.)

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: LoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 12:46:44 pm

The full loop expression is loopIn(type = "cycle", numKeyframes = 0), so you can set the number of keyframes it will loop.

loopIn(type="cycle", numKeyframes=0) Return type: Number or Array.
Loops a segment of time that is measured from the first keyframe on the layer forward toward the Out point of the layer. The loop plays from the In point of the layer. The numKeyframes value determines what segment is looped: The segment looped is the portion of the layer from the first keyframe to the numKeyframes+1 keyframe. For example, loopIn("cycle", 3) loops the segment bounded by the first and fourth keyframes. The default value of 0 means that all keyframes will loop.

Adobe Help(near the bottom)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: LoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 2:01:47 pm

Nope, that does NOT work-- loopIN only loops the keyframe set BEFORE ( into ) the first keyframe, as expected.

What I'm looking for is something that will loop both before and AFTER. A combination of both loopIn and loopOut, if you will.

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: LoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 2:12:08 pm

It's an expression, so if there is a way to do what you want check out the expressions forum. I'm pretty limited in my expression knowledge... :)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: LoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 2:34:16 pm

Appreciated none the less! I suppose this is rather beyond the 'basics' of this forum anyhoo.....

Thanks!

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: LoopNnn varieties: combo In and Out? SOLUTION
by on Jul 15, 2013 at 5:58:20 pm

BTW, Dan Ebberts himself (along with others) supplied me with a PERFECT implementation of my request, so if you want an expression that will loop before AND after a keyframe set, jump over to the Expressions Forum and snag it.

(Dan's worked better in that it could be applied to a channel with no keyframes, AND did not create a spurious keyframe when applied as an Animation Preset.)

Many thanks to the contributors in the Expressions Forum.

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]