ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian FidlerTransparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 9:13:50 pm

Hi: I want to export an intro with a transparent background and import it into premiere pro. I've tried alot of combinations when saving the intro ... avi with rgb+alpha and quicktime with different settings (png, animation, etc.)... but everything I try ends up with a black background when imported into premiere pro. I'm using a pc and the latest versions of the software...

any ideas?

many thanks.

Lillian Fidler
Jillian Productions
St. John's, Newfoundland
Canada

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 9:47:51 pm

No offense intended, but please click the checkerboard under your comp window and verify you have transparency(you don't know how many times I've answered alpha questions when their was no working alpha information).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Lillian FidlerRe: Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 9:52:04 pm

Thanks, yes, I've set it to transparency ;.)

Lillian Fidler
Jillian Productions
St. John's, Newfoundland
Canada

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 11:00:16 pm

Take one of your renders and re-import it into AE and see if you have an alpha, if you do, the problem lies with your interpretation settings in Premiere

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Lillian FidlerRe: Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 8, 2013 at 1:35:08 am

Good suggestion, I did import it and it looks fine, has the transparent background. I will look for the settings that may be causing that in Premiere pro. Thanks, that allows me to stop chasing my tail :.)

Lillian Fidler
Jillian Productions
St. John's, Newfoundland
Canada

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 8, 2013 at 7:00:53 am

[Lillian Fidler] "but everything I try ends up with a black background when imported into premiere pro"

If it has an alpha and it shows a black background then do you actually have anything on a lower video track so it can show that below it? There are no transparency grids in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: Transparent background to import into premiere pro - not working
by on Jul 8, 2013 at 10:28:05 pm

Just to test this I exported a quick AE video with alpha. It was exported raw. Output Module "Lossless with Alpha" preset. It worked fine giving the appropriate alpha channel.

Now working with raw exports can be cumbersome to say the least, so make sure that whatever format you are encoding your export into can appropriately handle an alpha channel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]