ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Absolutely no Sound Even in Ram Preview!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack OwensAbsolutely no Sound Even in Ram Preview!
by on Jul 6, 2013 at 1:03:00 am

I have been using AE for a while now and have never had sound in my videos. It didn't really bother me until recently, because I usually edited my video in a different program. Anyway, I have tried Ram Preview, Audio Preview, and just regular space bar playback, and none of them give me sound. I know for a fact my Ram Preview is NOT muted, and my speakers are turned up as well. Every other program I use has sound except AE. The weirdest thing is though, earlier today I imported a video clip I made in WMV and the sounds worked! This is the first time it has ever worked. However, when I import ANY other video, there won't be sound...

What could be the problem?

Return to posts index

Jackson RedshawRe: Absolutely no Sound Even in Ram Preview!
by on Jul 6, 2013 at 9:24:32 am

What formats are the 'other videos' in? Sometimes AE doesn't like certain formats. If you hit the Full Stop button it should give you just an audio preview of whatever is on the timeline

Jackson Redshaw
http://www.youtube.com/MITLRproductions

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: Absolutely no Sound Even in Ram Preview!
by on Jul 6, 2013 at 8:09:06 pm

AE definitely does not like certain formats of audio. Shouldn't be unexpected, it isn't a sound editing suite.

Is the audio waveform showuping up in AE?

Either way, transcoding the audio is usually the most efficient way to handle this.

Return to posts index

Jack OwensRe: Absolutely no Sound Even in Ram Preview!
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:48:21 am

Wow, sorry for the super late reply! I actually figured out the problem, and it was just as you said. Whatever format/s I was using did not play well with AE. Apparently AE is extremely picky on the format and type of audio you import.

I am still learning lots of new stuff everyday, LOL.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: Absolutely no Sound Even in Ram Preview!
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 4:30:08 am

Because Americans don't use the term 'full stop' all that often, I believe the commenter is referring to the 'decimal point' on the numpad for audio ONLY previews.

Also note that there are RAM and SHIFT-RAM previews, which can have separate settings, including muting the audio-- if things get really mysterious double check that your normal preview mode is set to AUDIO ON.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]