ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition maxing out at 2 frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John ClockwoodComposition maxing out at 2 frames
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 2:04:38 pm

Hey all,

I'm importing five - ten layers from Photoshop into After Effects, saved in .PSD format. In the past, a little Photoshop icon shows up on the left side of all the imported layers. However, this time, the icon is similar to just a regular photo- like a jpg. Also, when I drag them into my compositions at the bottom, no matter what I do they won't extend past two frames. I have extended the composition time in project settings to 2 minutes, but I literally cannot extend/drag the .PSD files, so I'm stuck at 2 frames. Solutions???

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Composition maxing out at 2 frames
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 3:29:59 pm

It sounds like you accidentally imported these image files as an image sequence. Uncheck the box in the import dialog box for importing as an image sequence. See this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

John ClockwoodRe: Composition maxing out at 2 frames
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 3:43:19 pm

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm not very familiar with AE, so I wasn't looking for the checkbox when selecting the files from my folder as opposed to in the program itself (if that makes sense.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]