ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Getting a transparent PNG sequence to be transparent in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob MacmillanGetting a transparent PNG sequence to be transparent in AE?
by on Jun 26, 2013 at 8:17:13 pm

Hi, I have searched everywhere for this but all I can find is exporting transparency.

I've exported a video as a PNG sequence, taken it into Photoshop and removed parts of each picture (saving it with it's transparency, I am certain); however when I bring the sequence back into After Effects the transparency is replaced by white.

I am familiar with alpha channels and the like but I have not been able to figure out how to get the transparency on the PNG's to not show as white when I bring it into AE.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Getting a transparent PNG sequence to be transparent in AE?
by on Jun 26, 2013 at 10:41:17 pm

What is the footage interpretation setting for alpha channel for this footage item in After Effects?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jacob MacmillanRe: Getting a transparent PNG sequence to be transparent in AE?
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 1:03:48 am

It does not have an alpha channel when I bring it in as a sequence; (I made an alpha in photoshop), but when I bring them in individually frame by frame it works. Any idea how to get it to work for the sequence?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]