ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Upscaling and frame rates...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauraine GriffithsUpscaling and frame rates...
by on Jun 23, 2013 at 7:57:38 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to AE but loving it so far - mainly due to the fantastic tutorials on this site - thank you all so much!!

I bought 2 project templates that have been created to different specs; one is 1280x720, 29.97fps the other 1920x1080, 25fps. Keen to do things 'right', I've been searching the forums to find the best way to upscale and convert the frame rate of my existing logo animation, so it will work properly with both of the files.

So far dropping the source comp into a new comp of the correct size and scaling it up, seems to work fine. However, I have a lens flare that moves from left to right, which now stops half way. I'm guessing that the movement hasn't upscaled with the rest of the comp - is that right?? Other people have had issues re camera movement, etc, so I was wondering if upscaling an imported(TIFF) image sequence might be better in some circumstances, as this would preserve everything as intended.

It's no biggie to fix my lens flare manually, but for future reference (and for anybody struggling), have I understood things correctly, would that be a possible alternative or would the quality be compromised?

On to frame rates...
Pardon my ignorance...but do frame rates make a difference if projects are being viewed online? I'm in the UK, my videos are only intended for the web, should I be creating /converting everything to 25fps?? I know scripts can help with the conversion to make sure speed isn't effected, but for my own understanding - does it matter for web viewing??

I've been mulling this over for days, would be great to get a knowledgeable answer to this... :)

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved