ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How'd that happen: X position and Y position broken out to separate channels --Oh, that's how.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric ChardHow'd that happen: X position and Y position broken out to separate channels --Oh, that's how.
by on Jun 23, 2013 at 6:19:26 am

I'm working on someone else's AE Project, and he has a layer that in its Transformation section has separate X and Y position channels.

I've never seen this before (but I jumped from AE7 to CS6 so I missed a lot of evolution). How is this separation accomplished?

+++
(#redface)
NEVER MIND, figured it out (rclick on Position) -- but leaving the post for any other old timers who may have missed this feature.

(cool!)

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How'd that happen: X position and Y position broken out to separate channels --Oh, that's how.
by on Jun 23, 2013 at 7:06:23 am

details in After Effects Help:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Eric ChardRe: How'd that happen: X position and Y position broken out to separate channels --Oh, that's how.
by on Jun 25, 2013 at 4:56:07 am

Good stuff there, beyond just "Hey! YOu can do this!

Thanks Todd!

(At some point I knew this was possible, but I'd forgotten it for YEARS.)

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]