ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I move a camera through dust particles created with CC Particle Systems II?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tricky UK
How do I move a camera through dust particles created with CC Particle Systems II?
on Jun 5, 2013 at 10:16:49 am

Hi all

I have created a walkthrough animation using 3dsmax. I want to create the effect of subtle dust/pollen in the air. Ideally, I'd like to get hold of Trapcode Particular, but budgets don't stretch to that at the moment so I am trying to use the in-built CC Particle Systems II to get a reasonable effect.

I have created some particles with this effect on a solid layer. I have also rendered an RPF sequence and used the keyframe assistant to RPF Camera Import. I am just not sure where to go next.

How do I 'look through' the camera so that it appears to be walking through the particles of dust? Perhaps what I want is not possible.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How do I move a camera through dust particles created with CC Particle Systems II?
on Jun 5, 2013 at 11:48:54 am

Use CC Particle World, that will let you use a 3D camera.
Quick project illustrating how you could do it: 6108_dust.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tricky UK
Re: How do I move a camera through dust particles created with CC Particle Systems II?
on Jun 5, 2013 at 11:54:01 am

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I cannot open your scene as we are only on CS5 (windows). I will investigate CC Particle World.

Cheers mate!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:47:52 pm

It was a pretty simple scene. Fort the particle I used shaded lens sphere, changed the size, color, opacity and opacity over life. Resized the emitter to 1, 1, 2 and adjusted the physics. If you want to open it, you could download a trail version of CS6 from adobe.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]