ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects- How to change the background to black and White highlighting touchdown

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre CharbonneauAfter Effects- How to change the background to black and White highlighting touchdown
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 3:31:35 pm

Good Morning,

I have been searching Google for the answer or a tutorial. What I would like to do in After Effects or Premiere Pro CS 5.5 is to keep my main subject in my video in color and change the background to Black and White highlighting the football play, could anyone help ??

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects- How to change the background to black and White highlighting touchdown
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 4:18:01 pm

The movie "Pleasantville" did this quite a bit and so here's a search for "After Effects" + "Pleasantville" .

There are a few different ways to achieve this effect(as you will see if from the google link), but I think with a football play you are going to need to rotoscope and I think the Rotobrush will probably be the best tool for you to create this effect. The rotobrush isn't the most intuitive tool, so you might want to check out this tutorial: AfterEffects CS5: RotoBrush

So take a look at some of that material and if you have any specific questions, ask.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects- How to change the background to black and White highlighting touchdown
by on Jun 4, 2013 at 5:14:39 am

Johnny is pointing you in the right direction, but I think that this Roto Brush tutorial is a bit better targeted at the workflow for selectively applying an effect:
http://www.peachpit.com/podcasts/episode.aspx?e=eb0dc392-6e0c-4028-817d-cec...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Pierre CharbonneauRe: After Effects- How to change the background to black and White highlighting touchdown
by on Jun 4, 2013 at 1:13:27 pm

Thank you for posting I will give it a try and let you know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]