ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

De-noise, stabilization, and wiggle workflow for 5D super underexposed footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pieter Viljoen
De-noise, stabilization, and wiggle workflow for 5D super underexposed footage
on May 31, 2013 at 6:21:51 am

I got footage from a single 5D, extremely noisy. I need to do something about that, as well as stabilize a number of shots to some degree, and then add some effects. Now what I'm wondering is when I should do these. It might be me color correcting these in Speed Grade as well, and because of the incredible underexposure, I'm wondering if me trying to "fix" any of these issues will make things worse, and also what my workflow should be once I have picture lock.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

tielman dewaele
Re: De-noise, stabilization, and wiggle workflow for 5D super underexposed footage
on May 31, 2013 at 2:55:00 pm

Noisy footage is hard to stabilize in ae. Use mocha instead, im not sure it will be easy.

Use denoiser effect remove grain effect(noise reduction settings) or use Denoiser 2 by Magic bullet.

Hope that helps

T

MacPro/PC
Production Premum cs 5.5
FCP 7.0 studio
C4d R11,5 & R14

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Weglarz
Re: De-noise, stabilization, and wiggle workflow for 5D super underexposed footage
on Jun 3, 2013 at 7:06:58 pm

Actually, I have the Magic Bullets Denoiser, The BCC one, and what I consider the best, the Neat Video. http://www.neatvideo.com/

It does a great job. I've filmed three camera shoots of plays and did one in the round last year. Even though all the cameras were the same make, I told the operators to keep auto gain off and gain at 0db.

One decided to up his gain to get more brighter footage, the noise introduced was extreme.

The thumbnail and all angles filming from Audience right were cleaned up with Neat Video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]