ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warping to Music and Cutout animation Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ollie InglisWarping to Music and Cutout animation Effect
by on May 16, 2013 at 6:55:35 am

hi guys, i am look how to do two effects from this video. The first is a wapring to music effect which starts at 1:33 in this video

the next is the effect at 2:55 which is a sort of pop art cycle animation (is it done with video or pictures?). Any help on either of those two effects would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ollie

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Warping to Music and Cutout animation Effect
by on May 16, 2013 at 2:50:32 pm

It looks like the subject (the person) has been roughly separated from the background (probably using rotoscoping or the Roto Brush tool). Then, a combination of the Echo effect and time remapping are used to duplicate and retime the image. There's a heavy use of some color correction effects, too.

I'm guessing that you're very new to After Effects, so I recommend that you start here to learn the basics first: http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P
Doing so makes deconstructing a scene like this much easier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ollie InglisRe: Warping to Music and Cutout animation Effect
by on May 16, 2013 at 4:32:40 pm

Thanks, and any advice on the warping effect intime to the music? Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]