ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reduced text opacity in main comp/export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam SchembriReduced text opacity in main comp/export
by on May 16, 2013 at 3:09:31 am

I've fairly new to After Effects and have only been playing around with it for the last month so please forgive me if this is easily fixed and/or my terminology is wrong.

I have a template that is basically an airport style flicking departure board. Each line of the board is a separate comp that controls the text and flicking animation. The client requires particular lines of the board to be highlighted, so I've made the colour of these lines yellow. However, when returning to the main comp, the text appears very dull. Similarly when exporting it seems as if the coloured lines have a reduced opacity effect, but I cannot for the life of me find where this is effect is being applied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Reduced text opacity in main comp/export
by on May 16, 2013 at 11:57:02 am

Is this a template? If you upload your project, I could take a look at it. I assume it's mostly just text and solids, so just use the last icon in the message reply box, upload the .aep file, and post the embed code in your message.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved