ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer or Stabilizing When Someone walks by ,filling the frame?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsWarp Stabilizer or Stabilizing When Someone walks by ,filling the frame?
by on May 15, 2013 at 1:15:32 pm

Hi,

I'm relatively new to AE, so I'm not sure what to do in this instance. If using warp stabiliser and all goes well until someone walks by and fills the frame, how do you correct for this? Same with stabilising with the tracker. I know how to handle this in Nuke. I would just offset the track point to another place on the same plane. But, I can't seem to figure out how to handle this in AE. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Warp Stabilizer or Stabilizing When Someone walks by ,filling the frame?
by on May 15, 2013 at 2:16:31 pm

If I was using the tracker, I would stabilize until the person got in the frame/lost control of my tracker. Then I would set up a new tracker and continue to stabilize from that point until that tracker couldn't be used and so on. I'd apply each of those trackers to different nulls(Null 1, Null 2, Null 3....) and then parent the nulls to the preceding null. So Null 1(Frames 1-75) have no parent, Null 2(76-92) are parented to Null 1 and Null 3(92-300) are parented to Null 2.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Scott ClementsRe: Warp Stabilizer or Stabilizing When Someone walks by ,filling the frame?
by on May 15, 2013 at 3:01:22 pm

Thanks, John! Is there any way to use data from the regular tracker to smooth camera motion, or can you only use the warp stabilizer to smooth camera motion in AE? In Nuke, you can track points and then smooth out that point graph to smooth the motion. I don't want to eliminate the camera motion entirely.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Warp Stabilizer or Stabilizing When Someone walks by ,filling the frame?
by on May 15, 2013 at 5:37:21 pm

If you are using CS6, if you go to Window > Tracker, there is a stabilize motion button also that is not the warp stabizer that will provide the actual data. This changed for a few versions after Warp Stabilizer came out. So you may have to hunt around for it, if you are using CS5 or 5.5.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Scott ClementsRe: Warp Stabilizer or Stabilizing When Someone walks by ,filling the frame?
by on May 15, 2013 at 11:21:18 pm

Thanks for your help, John.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]