ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Dymanic keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon ZettervallDymanic keyframes?
by on May 13, 2013 at 9:52:15 am

I have several placeholders where I have added keyframes for instance opacity fade up and down at the beginning and ending of the layer. If I replace it and the video is longer/shorter than the placeholder then the keyframes will not adjust. Is there some way to have keyframes move dynamically based on the video length? I looked into expressions to calculate the start and end time of the layer then fade in and fade out using the time but it was quite time consuming and inefficient, it would also be hard to write new code for say position versus have dynamic keyframes.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Dymanic keyframes?
by on May 13, 2013 at 4:22:23 pm

I think the only way to do this is with some sort of expression or script. You would have to plan ahead to make sure though that no clip you use would be longer than the comp. Try asking in the Expression Forum, perhaps one of the experts in there will come up with something relatively simple.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved