ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Steadily growing Line

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobias SchakatSteadily growing Line
by on Apr 27, 2014 at 3:25:47 pm

I've drawn a line with the pen tool which is supposed to come on to the screen from above with a fast speed which decreases when it reaches the middle of the screen, then I want it to grow further at a consistent slow speed to the end of the screen. What I did so far is to set two easy ease keyframes, the first at 00:00:00 (0% End in Trim Paths Settings) and the second at 00:01:00 (50% in Trim Paths Settings). Is there any way to achieve such a motion? I've tried to set additional keyframes after 00:01:00 (either usual or easy easy ones) but there is always a slight interruption in the movement which doesn't look good at all.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Steadily growing Line
by on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:18:12 pm

You'll want to take a look at the graph editor. It's a super-useful tool for anyone doing animation. There is a lot of information about it in the help document.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Steadily growing Line
by on Apr 28, 2014 at 5:15:33 pm

selecting the keyframe, then choosing animatino>keyframe interpolation (or right-click the keyframe then choosing the same option) and then setting the temporal interpoaltion to 'auto bezier' usually does a nice job of smoothing motion through a keyframe to ramp dowm/up speed like you are doing.

you can also option-click (mac)/alt-click (win) the keyframe to toggle auto bezier and linear for a keyframe.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved