ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tile and animate an image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russel TaitTile and animate an image
by on Apr 26, 2013 at 12:36:10 pm

I have a project where I want to have a main image broken into tiles and animated the 3d space and then all come back together to form the main image again.

I know I could break it up using custom shatter map, but can I animate the individual sections, also they don't have to be 3D sections.

I was thinking about creating separate comps for each section, each comp would be a square (there will be 16 columns and 9 rows) I'd worked out how much to move the main image by in each comp to make each tile, but it is a bit long winded, was trying to think if there was a way to use expressions?
then once I have my 151 comps. arrange them into the final image and then use trap code planespace to animate as I need.

any other ideas would be appreciated as this is quite labour intensive?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Tile and animate an image
by on Apr 26, 2013 at 1:17:06 pm

You want to look at Card Dance, I think it will do nearly everything you want. You won't be able to place the individual cards exactly where you want, but you will be able to move them on and off in z-spce.

If you really want to split your image up, check out this utility, makes the job really easy: Split Image Script

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved