ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particles Do Not Follow Emitter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aeron LioeParticles Do Not Follow Emitter
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:18:04 pm

I've been trying to create a video similar to the video on this page http://www.revostock.com/After-Effects-Project/166843/Old-Photo-Album-Book.... for two days now but I can't seem to be able to get the particles to follow the emitter (light).

The emitter is parented to a null object which is keyframed to start out at frame one and rotate 360 degrees. As it approaches the 180 degree mark, it suddenly jumps back to the position frame one then jumps back to 180 degrees. The emitter has been set to "Directional".

Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Particles Do Not Follow Emitter
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:11:06 pm

You're using particular, right? Are you using a light as an emitter?

Quickest way to figure this out, use the upload project button in the reply dialogue and upload just the project. Feel free to delete anything that really isn't part of the problem, but leave the particle layers, nulls, lights...anything that the particle layer needs to exist. You don't need to upload any assets...just the .aep file and reply with the embed link.

I'll download the file and take a look.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Aeron LioeRe: Particles Do Not Follow Emitter
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 3:44:22 pm

Hello John, I deleted all the items that the particle didn't need to exist as you said and did a ram preview - turns out that the glitch was because of insufficient cache! Even though I have 26GB allocated for it..

A bit troublesome but I just need to purge all memory and empty disk cache each time to get a proper preview. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Particles Do Not Follow Emitter
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 4:57:37 pm

Well, I didn't do anything, but I'm glad you got it worked out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]