ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inverted Red Colour Flashes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ollie Inglis
Inverted Red Colour Flashes
on Apr 18, 2013 at 9:05:20 am

Hi i am looking for away to achieve this colour effect I have seen in a music video: 5863_flicka.jpg.zip here is an image of the effect. It can also be seen in this music video at 1:41

. Is it some sort of colorama effect? how would i make it this red? thanks a lot for any help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Inverted Red Colour Flashes
on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:48:01 pm

Masked layers, with the B&W and Tint effects added. Then add the Intert effect, using hold keyframes to animate the Blend With Original between 0% and 100%.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ollie Inglis
on Apr 18, 2013 at 6:27:24 pm

Thanks I gave it a go and got the attached results 5867_demoflcik.jpg.zip - the image before the invert must have some effect on it before hand, as you can see from my photo - it doesnt look quite right. Also is there anyway of getting more control over the colours, and how the affect the inveted image. Thanks greatly for the help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 18, 2013 at 7:38:02 pm

I don't see where you masked around the subject or otherwise isolated the subject from the background. That's a crucial step which seems to have been missed.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

Ollie Inglis
on Apr 18, 2013 at 9:09:29 pm

Sorry for not making myself very clear, I understand that the effect in the video is comprimised of a video masked out and composited of an other video - I am just trying to emulate the changes in colour between the two frames, and at the moment my first frame appears only to be tinted red , where as the original has a much more surreal quality to it. Would really appreciate any further help. Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 19, 2013 at 3:42:35 pm

You may have used Tritone instead of Tint to redden the image. You could also use Colorama for the coloring. No advice on the latter except to color the output using the settings that look best to you.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]