ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotation on a Path - need it to go faster at the beginning

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
Rotation on a Path - need it to go faster at the beginning
on Apr 18, 2013 at 6:22:49 am

Hi there,
I am creating an animation where a kid tosses a cellphone and it lands on the floor. i want it to rotate after he tosses it. I have made a curved path and set the rotation for 4 times but what it does is slowly rotate down the whole path 1 time and then when it hits the floor, it does the other 4 rotations really fast. I want it to spin faster at the beginning - how do i do it.... I've watched some tutorials on the graph editor and feel like that is what i should be messing with but so far i am just feeling around in the dark. Any tips?

Return to posts index

chris brett
Re: Rotation on a Path - need it to go faster at the beginning
on Apr 18, 2013 at 8:45:32 am

Hi -

- my guess is that the the graph editor isnt good enough /easy enough to use, to do what you want without a LOT of grief.

IMO this function lets this amazing app down a lot - those that have used a good system will know what I mean......

However there are a load of great plugins for AE and I'm wondering if you have seen 'ease and wizz' which I think might help --- not entirely sure but am just about to try it myself today for a similar issue.

------------------------- chris -

=====================================================

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
on Apr 18, 2013 at 4:23:34 pm

I just saw Ease and Wizz for the first time while i was searching through tutorials last night and am thinking of buying it. I am usually a cheapskate but if it makes this stuff easier and look good for $10, then maybe I should just get it. Thanks

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:37:46 pm

---- if you havent seen the stuff an 'AE scripts' re this plugin its worth a look -- think you can try it for free -----chris--

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:50:17 pm

just add another rotation keyframe at the point the candy hits the surface and adjust the parameters accordingly.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]