ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

External Monitoring vs Comp playback?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt CampbellExternal Monitoring vs Comp playback?
by on Apr 18, 2014 at 3:50:41 pm

Is there a reason why when I'm monitoring with my external FSI monitor that the comp window doesn't playback along with the external monitor, i.e. like any NLE does? It jitters back n forth between 2 frames. Not really a big deal, just annoying.

Also, is the only way to hear reference audio to do a RAM preview? Trying to find a good workflow as I'm working on animating some GFX to a VO. This is why I love Motion so much, is the playback and audio performance. Can AE mimic that? The RAM preview is quite annoying having to do this every time I want to see or hear something.

Any thoughts?

OSX 10.7.5 with a 3.39 Ghz Intel Core i7 on a built up Hackintosh
16 GB of RAM with OSX on SSD, (2) internal HDDs RAID'd 1 for project files and External RAID 5 for all project assets (media, GFX, stills, etc.)
BMD Decklink Studio 2, FSI BM210, KRK Rokit 5s, Mackie 802

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: External Monitoring vs Comp playback?
by on Apr 18, 2014 at 4:17:38 pm

In AE, hit the Caps Lock key. Then the video doesn't update. You can now scrub audio to your heart's content.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: External Monitoring vs Comp playback?
by on Apr 18, 2014 at 6:11:23 pm

You can press . on your number pad to launch an audio preview. While it's running, you can press * to lay down markers.
If a layer is selected, it'll set layer markers. If no layer is selected, it'll set composition markers.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved