ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

frame transition in animation very jumpy

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Hornbyframe transition in animation very jumpy
by on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:24:56 pm

Hi! I am brand new to the world of After Effects, and started using it today hoping for a magical solution to my problem. Yet I am still to identify the correct setting or the source of my problem, and desperately need some advice!

I have created a sequence of jpegs in Studio Max for my animation, and imported them to After Effects to create the animation. However for the frames where the camera pans across the scene, the clarity and detail in the scene becomes blurred, almost like it is jumping from frame to frame, not a smooth transition at all. I rendered at 30fps which is the rate I am playing it back at, but still it is not coming out as seamlessly as I'd hoped, and I have a client waiting for the finished movie!

Any ideas I am ready to test them out, and many thanks in advance!

Steve

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: frame transition in animation very jumpy
by on Apr 15, 2013 at 3:59:50 pm

It's hard to know what you're seeing without a sample movie or at least some screenshots. Without that, it's hard to know how to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Steven HornbyRe: frame transition in animation very jumpy
by on Apr 15, 2013 at 4:32:42 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Todd, and yes very difficult to explain so an example of the animation would be better! Just sorting out getting a section of it uploaded. Back to you shortly.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2013 at 4:47:49 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Todd, and yes very difficult to explain so uploading an example of what I mean as we speak. Should be 10 minutes. It looks as though the issue is when objects move from frame to frame, they look like they are jumping from one location to the next very quickly, rather than a smooth movement.

Hopefully the short clip from the animation will explain exactly what I mean, look forward to any advice you have!

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2013 at 6:49:41 pm

Below is a code to the video I have uploaded to demonstrate what I mean. It is only a very short section of the video, however it highlights the problem I am experiencing. It is of a virtual store, and when the camera pans across all the products on the back wall (and everything else for that matter!) they become blurred and are no longer defined. I rendered the frames in 3ds max (30fps) and put in to AE to animate. Where am I going wrong? is there a way to make the transition between frames seamlessly, so it doesn't look like it's jumping?

Animation (short section_

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: frame transition in animation very jumpy
by on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:41:02 am

This should help:
http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/908/cpsid_90843.html

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Apr 17, 2013 at 9:01:03 am

That's a great article Todd, it seems to fully appreciate what I am experiencing and shows lots of potential solutions. The 7 second rule could definitely be a winner!

Thanks for the great advice, I'll let you know how I get on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]