ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Missing presets in AE CS5.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lee
Missing presets in AE CS5.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 1:15:55 am

Hi, so I'm brand new to After Effects and I'm trying to add the "rotate over time" animation preset to a title. But whenever I do, it says "this favorite contains 1 reference to a missing effect. Please install following effect to restore reference ("transform"). Now, it's a little concerning because when I open up my finder and look for it under the presets folder, it's right there. I've tried to backtrack, restart, etc, but I keep getting the same error message. Any help?

Specs: 2010 17 in mbp. OSX10.8, 2.53 ghz i5. 8 gb RAM, 500 gb. I'm on AE 10.0.0.458.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Missing presets in AE CS5.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 12:52:36 pm

Did you update your version of AE to the latest version. I just applied the preset and it worked fine.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Missing presets in AE CS5.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 9:02:41 pm

> I'm on AE 10.0.0.458

Apply the most recent updates. There have been two bug-fix updates to CS5, and you haven't installed them. You should be on 10.0.2.

An even bigger concern is that you appear to be missing a standard effect plug-in: Transform.

So, actually, you should re-install After Effects to make sure that you've installed all of the effects and then update to get the bug fixes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]