ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Missing presets in AE CS5.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LeeMissing presets in AE CS5.
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 1:15:55 am

Hi, so I'm brand new to After Effects and I'm trying to add the "rotate over time" animation preset to a title. But whenever I do, it says "this favorite contains 1 reference to a missing effect. Please install following effect to restore reference ("transform"). Now, it's a little concerning because when I open up my finder and look for it under the presets folder, it's right there. I've tried to backtrack, restart, etc, but I keep getting the same error message. Any help?

Specs: 2010 17 in mbp. OSX10.8, 2.53 ghz i5. 8 gb RAM, 500 gb. I'm on AE

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Missing presets in AE CS5.
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 12:52:36 pm

Did you update your version of AE to the latest version. I just applied the preset and it worked fine.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Missing presets in AE CS5.
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 9:02:41 pm

> I'm on AE

Apply the most recent updates. There have been two bug-fix updates to CS5, and you haven't installed them. You should be on 10.0.2.

An even bigger concern is that you appear to be missing a standard effect plug-in: Transform.

So, actually, you should re-install After Effects to make sure that you've installed all of the effects and then update to get the bug fixes.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved