ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trying to recreate something similar to these titles: Wondering if anyone sees a plugin / effect they're familiar with

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Harris
Trying to recreate something similar to these titles: Wondering if anyone sees a plugin / effect they're familiar with
on Apr 8, 2013 at 11:17:42 am

Hi Creative Cow

Wondering if anyone had a their two cents to spare on this:

I've been running through the titles of this:

particularly at 0:18 and 0:38.

Where there seems to be some kind of rainbow-blur-effect as the text zooms and jitters.

I can see there's a bulge effect at 0:40 and obviously a bunch of keyframed movement of the text...

I'm going to be playing around a bunch with AE, but if anyone's made titles similar to this, any little secrets / chops / go-to's would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

W

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Trying to recreate something similar to these titles: Wondering if anyone sees a plugin / effect they're familiar with
on Apr 8, 2013 at 3:53:32 pm

You can accomplish that by duplicating your footage/text 3 times(one for the RGB channels) and using a shift channels effect on each layer, then use the screen mode to composite the layers back together. Then just move/offset the layers quickly and then back together and you have a similiar effect.

Here's an old project I did using that technique. To move the footage I used the motion tile effect, cause I was using video and wanted to mirror the edges---you could delete that effect and just move the position/scale/rotation to do the effect also.

5799_rgbsplitupgradecs5.5.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Will Harris
Re: Trying to recreate something similar to these titles: Wondering if anyone sees a plugin / effect they're familiar with
on Apr 9, 2013 at 8:59:36 am

That's great, Johnny thanks - I had a feeling it's be a channel offset thing: Gonna have a good crack at doing it that way

Ta

W

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]