ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Shatter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bark
AE Shatter
on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:14:30 am

I'd like to shatter an image and have it explode off screen. I've brought in a psd file (it's a logo) but the shatter will not go beyond the boundary or size of the image itself. The pieces just disappear at the edge of the image size, if that makes sense. Any ideas?

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: AE Shatter
on Apr 5, 2013 at 1:09:26 am

I'm not sure I understand you when you say you want it to explode off screen. Do you want the object to be offscreen and shatter onto the screen from a side? If so, Shatter works with AE cameras and it's own camera system, you could just move one of the cameras(I prefer AE's rather than the effect camera) and move the object and forces offscreen.

Or did I misunderstand what you are trying to accomplish?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David Bark
on Apr 5, 2013 at 1:15:35 am

I just wanted the pieces to go off the screen as they shatter. They were constrained by the boundaries of the imported image, but once I pre-comped, all was well. Thanks!

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:03:30 am

Glad you were able to work it out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]