ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I am trying to create a realistic ink effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendon Sulesky
I am trying to create a realistic ink effect
on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:49:40 pm

If you search "After Effects Ink" in youtube you will find some amazing videos showing beautifully made ink effects. I was wondering how to make this in after effects for I have been looking for days and can't find any tuts on realistic ink (there are some 2d ink tutorials but not what I'm wanting). would trapcode particular work for it or would I need some other plugin? Here's what I'm trying to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqNDYmKJ5s

Return to posts index

chris brett
Re: I am trying to create a realistic ink effect
on Apr 2, 2013 at 10:06:24 pm

Hi -- although continue to be amazed at what plug-ins can do would be very surprised if these are not live-action shots -- seen a lot that look pretty much identical.

--------------------------------- chris --

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:01:49 am

Andrew Kramer does some things that could look like ink. He has some info in his blog, but you will have to scroll down to March 10th to find the latest one.

Here's a much older one: Blog Page 10

Here's a direct link to a video with project files. Particular in Motion

Here are some presets from Red Giant People, you will need to register and I can tell you that a few are very processor intensive.: Ink Search

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:37:52 am

When we needed shots like this for a recent project that I was involved in, we did it for real. Fast, easy, fun, and cheap. And it usually looks better than what you're going to fake with a particle effect unless you're very skilled.

Of course, once you've got the practical element shot (or bought the stock footage element), you can do all kinds of coloring, distorting, and time-remapping in After Effects with that as a basis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Brendon Sulesky
on Apr 4, 2013 at 2:54:57 pm

I can understand that, but my goal is to learn how to animate stuff that looks very real, and I can't do that if I don't even try and just go with the real stuff.

Return to posts index

Brendon Sulesky
on Apr 4, 2013 at 2:59:56 pm

Thanks, the presets were closest to what I wanted. Now I can look and figure out how they did it and try to improve it.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 4, 2013 at 4:13:17 pm

Glad to help and good luck.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]