ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to keep Footage/project clean

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David FairclothHow to keep Footage/project clean
by on Mar 28, 2013 at 9:36:08 pm

Sometimes I have Footage for projects that gets strung all throughout my Harddrive. This isnt good for when I'm moving between my laptop/desktop. How can I keep all Footage in like a (Footage) folder that would be with the project? I'm just looking to cleaning up my project.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to keep Footage/project clean
by on Mar 29, 2013 at 1:07:43 am

Strange, I answered a couple of organization questions on the main forum today. Check out this link and read my answer, it's should help you out..

Missing File Error

As for me, when I start a project, I create a folder on my Source Drive, for every single project. In that folder is a Grx folder(with subfolders for textures, images....)Video folder, audio. Anything I use or acquire for a project gets put into one of those folders first, then imported into the project. You'll find that doing a little organization up front will save you massive headaches later.

This might help too. Each project I start, I start from this template(got this from Rob Garrot).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: How to keep Footage/project clean
by on Mar 30, 2013 at 7:29:20 pm

Check this script:

It will help you to open a a default template everytime you will create a new project.

Also if you want to move your project from one drive to another then you can use Collect Files Feature.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved