ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Timebar resize problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mae Banquil
Timebar resize problem
on Mar 19, 2013 at 8:19:14 pm

Hello!
I've been working with after effects for a month but this is the first time that I've encountered this problem:

As you can see there's a transparent timebar and a weird cursor.
Everytime I resize the timebar, I have to resize it twice. :(
What did i just do and how do i disable it?

Return to posts index

Rob Bellon
Re: Timebar resize problem
on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:03:12 pm

It looks like you trimmed your audio. The solid part is where the audio will play back, and the transparent part is the muted part of the audio. It's there to show that the file actually extends beyond the solid part.

You can fix this by dragging the edge of the solid part out to the right edge of the transparent part. When you drag it all the way, the right side of the layer will have a small black triangle to indicate that you're at the edge of the clip.

This could have happened if you tried to move your audio by dragging from the edges. If you want to move your audio track in the timeline, grab it from somewhere in the middle to move the whole thing. Otherwise, if you click and drag from the edge, it will trim your audio.

Does that make sense? Hope it helps.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:25:07 pm

Along with what Rob said, that funny cursor indicates, that you can slide that particular layer. Move the Current Time Indicator(CTI) into the middle of that layer, select the layer.and hit the "*" key on the number keypad. Now hover over the blank area and move back and forth. You will sliede your layer, but the in and outpoints stay the same.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:32:34 am

See this part of After Effects Help:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 20, 2013 at 12:52:49 pm

Clicked the link, and it's a slip edit, not a slide. I always mix up those two terms.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mae Banquil
on Mar 21, 2013 at 2:16:34 pm

Thank you for the inputs! I always thought trimming wont leave a transparent part on the timebar, I guess i was wrong >.<

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]