ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stroke lines get resized(?) at the bottom of the stage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoshiko Tanaka
Stroke lines get resized(?) at the bottom of the stage
on Mar 18, 2013 at 8:32:09 pm

Hi,

I am a newbie to After Effects. If this sounds really silly my apology in advance!

I have a thick stroke line that I'm using as wave animation. No matter how thick the stroke line I make it always gets resized at the bottom (or top) of the screen so that it always leaves wavy blank space. All I want is to simply move the stroke image down so that it goes off the screen as is without leaving the showing the curved edges at the bottom. I just don't get it... Any idea? Please help!!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Stroke lines get resized(?) at the bottom of the stage
on Mar 18, 2013 at 8:48:03 pm

I'm not sure why you can't move your stroke/mask down so this doesn't happen. But here's a workaround, create a solid, the same color as your wave, place it below the wave and mask off the top part.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Yoshiko Tanaka
on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:41:55 pm

Thank you or your quick reply. The problem is that I'll have multiple waves running at the same time and have some creatures coming out of each wave so it would be great if I don't have to add extra frame for each wave.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 18, 2013 at 11:18:40 pm

Maybe I didn't explain it well, take a look at this project and see if it helps you understand what I was saying: 5675_waves.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Yoshiko Tanaka
on Mar 18, 2013 at 11:39:57 pm

Now I understand completely what you mean. This works perfectly for what I needed. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 19, 2013 at 11:52:00 am

Always glad to help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]