ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Fractal noise Aura?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquinFractal noise Aura?
by on Mar 10, 2013 at 5:49:36 pm

Basicly i saw something on the internet about creating an aura but it wasen't the result i was looking for but then i remembered something like in the films of "Harry potter" where the Death Eaters i belive it's called Appear? Thoese scenes the black aura are they done using TurbulenceFD? in Cinema 4D? Or something else?

I saw then this other exampple in a 2D animation:

And it looks extremely familiar to how a Fractal noise would behave, but i just can't come up with how to do it, is it possible to recreate an "dark" Aura like in that Animation using Fractal noise? Is there any other ways?

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Fractal noise Aura?
by on Mar 10, 2013 at 10:28:46 pm

Fractal Noise is the right effect for this animation.

Check this tutorial:

You can manipulate the color and some other properties to create the desired look.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Fractal noise Aura?
by on Mar 11, 2013 at 11:51:30 am

Try using fractal noise as a layer to create some of the smoke effect. Also, create a high contrast version of fractal noise in a precomp and use that as a layer to drive the effect distort > displacement.

Here is a tutorial on using displacement maps that should get you started in the right direction. Invisible Cape

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved