ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frames do not match up when importing image sequence into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Mitchell
Frames do not match up when importing image sequence into AE
on Mar 7, 2013 at 3:30:47 pm

I create a new comp in AE of 100 frames, change the timeline to display frames instead of seconds. I drag a folder containing 100 jpeg images into AE as a sequence. I drag the sequence onto the timline and its now 84 frames long. What is happening here? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Hopefully its a quick one! (famous last words)

Ashley

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Frames do not match up when importing image sequence into AE
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:23:30 pm

When you are importing are importing as a sequence, because AE can skip some pics if there are problems? And are you sure that all the pictures are in a format that AE can use? For example are you sure that there aren't any CMYK issues?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ashley Mitchell
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:55:16 pm

Thanks Johnny..

I have tried RGB jpegs and PNGs (I'm rendering from 3DsMax). I'm getting close. If I drag the folder into AE it creates a sequence and says 1280x720 (1.00) 30fps. I am working in a 25fps comp, could this be why?

If I drag the image sequence onto 'create a new composition' I have no problems because the new comp is 30fps.

How do import an image sequence as 25fps?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 7, 2013 at 5:28:02 pm

You can change the import for AE by going to your Edit > Preferences > Import and changing Seq Footage to 25FPS or if it's easier, go to your project window, right click on the pictures sequence and choose Interpret Footage > Main(Cntl-Alt-G). Now change the frame rate to 25

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Ashley Mitchell
on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:59:01 pm

You are a digital legend. Thanks.

Now the Magic can begin..

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 7, 2013 at 8:48:40 pm

You are a digital legend

I might put that on my business cards...glad I was able to help you out today.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]