ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

how do you overlay a Logo to reveal a video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anderson Bishophow do you overlay a Logo to reveal a video
by on Mar 7, 2013 at 5:39:43 am

I would love to do this for a video I am doing for a client and I don't know how to do it in after effects. I was wanting to do how they did there intro it is the first 15 seconds. If you can help that would be great.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: how do you overlay a Logo to reveal a video
by on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:14:45 pm

In that particular case the Logo actually has holes in it, along with an alpha channel. If you have a logo with an alpha channel this is pretty easy(and if you don't you will need to create one). You would place your video on the bottom layer and the logo on the top. Animate the logo's scale and anchor point by placing keyframes for the end position first by just clicking the stop watch. Move to where the logo should start coming in and Crank the scale up to 3000%. Now adjust the anchor point a little so that the video will be full screen at the start. Now just change the "TrkMat" of your video layer to be "alpha matte".

I made an example project demonstrating the technique:

Since you are just getting started, I would strongly suggest you check out Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6)---there are links to some really good basic tutorials that will help you learn the fundamentals of AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved