ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can i get the following effect? Opacity effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wetzels
How can i get the following effect? Opacity effect
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:52:47 pm

Hello,

I'm starting to use Adobe premiere pro en After Effect to create some nice movie's of my action clips.

Now i'm wondering how i get the following effect in my movie: 0:00 - 0:18 (moon and sky with opacity effect)

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: How can i get the following effect? Opacity effect
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:45:49 pm

Doing a Alpha or Luma matte is the way to go. For example. Add an image of smoke or clouds. Make it black and White. Place it above the image you want it to cut into. On the image below clip on the Track Matte option and choose Luma Matte "name of layer here" option. The white will make the image seen and the black part of the image will make the image not seen. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:50:13 pm

You can create an effect like by getting an image of the moon and using it as a Luma Matte. I made an example project where I created a comp(Luma Moon), grabbed a shot of the moon, added some levels effects to pump up the contrast and animated it's position. Once for a large shot once for the smaller one(there are 2 in that video, though the larger one might be some cloud footage).

Create your main comp and place your video(MAP) on the bottom layer. Add a black solid over it. This is the part of the video that fades out. Duplicate your Map. Drop in the Luma Moon layer and change the Map layers Track Matte to Luma matte. Now adjust the opacity of the black solid and you should be there.

Take a look at my example project, it should give you a good starting point and if you have any questions, ask.

5549_lumamattefolder.zip

ETA: what Stephen said....

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tim Wetzels
on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:38:35 pm

Thanks its works well!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:19:42 am

Always happy to help out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]