ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need To Recreate this Flashing Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gloria KurnikNeed To Recreate this Flashing Effect
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:46:41 am

Hello,

I'm working on a video from a club and I need to recreate the flashing effect from the video below:

The effect can be found throughout the video, f.ex. 0:58, 1:02, 1:04....

Is there a simple way of recreating it in AE?

Thanks!

Gloria

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Need To Recreate this Flashing Effect
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 1:07:22 pm

This is one of those effects that you can create so many different ways. Method I think works pretty well is to place an adjustment layer over the video you want to effect and add a levels effect to it. Set a default start and end keyframe 4 frames apart, Now move between those keyframes and lower your "white input levels" and "gamma". Trim your adjustment layer's start and end points, so you can easily duplicate the effect.

I've uploaded an example project and in it I also played with a few different transfer modes---doing that will give you slightly different feels. If you have any more questions, ask.

5534_lightingeffectfolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gloria KurnikRe: Need To Recreate this Flashing Effect
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:18:31 pm

Hi Johnny!

Wow! Thanks so much, it's so helpful. Such a simple solution yet giving exactly the effect I wanted :) And thanks for taking the time to create and upload the project files. Much appreciated!

All the best!

Gloria

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Need To Recreate this Flashing Effect
by on Feb 27, 2013 at 3:04:51 pm

Always happy to help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]