ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Burning Fuse Effect in After Effects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phill NaylorBurning Fuse Effect in After Effects.
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:26:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

Looks like this might be a pretty popular question. The older posts I've found had broken links.

I need to create a Mission Impossible "like" Burning Fuse and I just bought After Effects CS6. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial showing how to create something like this.

Total Newbie to After effects so be nice :)

Any info would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Burning Fuse Effect in After Effects.
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:42:20 pm

- depends how realistic it needs to be / what look you want.

If you want it to look very real suggest you shoot a real-life firework fuse or similar and key it on / add a bit of glow what ever..

--- but you might want a different sort of look and suggest a particle generator will do the trick though cant offer anyting much more than that as I wouls just get on it and play till I got something ie dont have a previous job I can supply actual info from ...

----------- anyway -- god luck -- just dont forget the 'real-life' option if it is the look you want ...

...................... chris

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Burning Fuse Effect in After Effects.
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 11:54:11 pm

Trapcode Particular has some pretty good presets that you could use as a fuse. It's a "3D" effect, in that it respects AE's 3D space, so it's pretty flexible to what you may need.

It has a trial download, so take a look.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Burning Fuse Effect in After Effects.
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:53:41 am

Particular is a vast plugin, So I would suggest you to learn the basics first.

Trapcode Particular Basics

Once you understand the plugin properly you can go on creating the Desired Effect.

There is a new Preset for Particular "Sparkler" which may help you to create the fuse.

Check the tutorial:

Trapcode Particular Sparkler Preset

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved