ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

warp stabilizer offset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Webbwarp stabilizer offset
by on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:49:41 am

I have a minute of video, in the middle there are 10 seconds we need to stabilize. So we cut the clip and "replace with after effects" the 10 seconds.
In AE we applied the Warp Stabilizer. All Good.
Except the first frame has moved off center leaving black edges.

How can we force WS to do its job from the starting frame and move the rest of the clip from that point?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: warp stabilizer offset
by on Feb 22, 2013 at 10:56:18 am

Could you just animate the position and scale of the portion of video for, say, 2 seconds before the start of the warp stabilized footage to match (by eye)?

So you'd have a position & scale keyframe 2 secs before the warp stabilization section starts, then another position & scale keyframe 1 frame before the warp stabilization section starts, where you've scaled/positioned the outgoing footage to match the first frame of the warp stabilized footage. Wow, that sounds kinda confusing. But it's very simple really!

There doesn't seem to be a simple 'amount of stabilisation' control on the warp stab. effect - it's all or nothing.

Hope that helps.

- Paul

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: warp stabilizer offset
by on Feb 22, 2013 at 2:33:58 pm

Stabilize the whole clip, would be the safest option to make it all blend well.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: warp stabilizer offset
by on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:54:28 pm

I agree: stabilize the entire 1-minute clip. The reason: it's just a minute. If rendering out of AE in a lossless codec puts a strain on your system, you need more storage.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jonny WebbRe: warp stabilizer offset
by on Mar 1, 2013 at 9:48:27 am

i'm not going to tear up a motorway to fix a manhole.

likewise i'm not going to make AE analyise and render many many minutes just for a few seconds.
In this example i started with a minute, but in another project i have 45 minutes of tape, again with just a few seconds benefitting from Warp Stab.

I hope this makes clear why understanding how to use WS is preferable to just applying it to everything...

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: warp stabilizer offset
by on Feb 22, 2013 at 6:06:04 pm

Jonny

So we cut the clip and "replace with after effects" the 10 seconds.
In AE we applied the Warp Stabilizer

May be the problem is with Replace with AE command. Just a guess. If it is missing one frame, then Instead of 10 sec, send 11 sec of clip to AE and then use WS. Then cut the first sec in edit.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]