ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing data for a timelapse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt JohnsonImporting data for a timelapse
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 5:45:28 pm

The challenge I'm facing is fairly straightforward, but I'm not running into anything that seems to fit in looking around -- maybe I'm not using the best search criteria. . .
I have a jpeg sequence and I also have corresponding metadata from those images that I need to use to generate a custom (and accurate)time stamp based on when the images were recorded. The data can be delivered in a range of formats. I have no experience with loading external data via a script, so if someone could point me in the right direction for this type of application, that would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Importing data for a timelapse
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:10:51 pm

I just want to make sure, the timecode effect doesn't read the timecode of your jpeg sequence?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matt JohnsonRe: Importing data for a timelapse
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 7:41:14 pm

The standard timecode effect? Sure, it shows up and reads the time of the sequence like it should. I'm trying to figure out how to display the xmp image data in a text field like the timecode, or perhaps even an expression via the timecode effect.
I did come across this thread: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/227/16660
I'm unclear on a few things here -- namely, how does AE read the script in question?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2013 at 8:15:50 pm

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, you would copy it to your support/script file. When you launch AE you go to File > Scripts > and choose the appropriate script.

Perhaps you have a more specific question in regards to the scripts in that thread, if so I would suggest you ask in the Expressions forum as they have a much better understanding of java and coding then I do.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Matt JohnsonRe: Importing data for a timelapse
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 8:22:58 pm

Thanks. Like you said, I think there might be some similar scripting solutions in the Expressions forum that I should be able to make this work.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:40:05 pm

Always happy to help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]