ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to get this animation effect.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
spencer dukesHow to get this animation effect.
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:02:20 am

. In the verse and pretty much throughout this video, the words do quick movements with what looks like a multicolored blur. Can someone tell me how to do that effect. I really want to know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to get this animation effect.
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 2:19:15 pm

I'm not sure if that's a plugin, but I did a little messing around with this and one way you can achieve this look is to work in 32 bit mode and using motion blur. First you would set your colors to over 1(1 is full white). So your RGB would be something like R=1.5, G=1, B=3. When the text is stationary it would look white, but when it moves the colors would show up in the blurs and streaks.

To achieve multiple colors you would need to duplicate the layer, change the color and then blend them using a transfer mode.

I made a quick example file so you could see this in action. If you have any questions, let me know.

5348_blurwithcolor.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

spencer dukesRe: How to get this animation effect.
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:11:10 pm

wow, thanks so much for helping me. I do have a few questions. how to I change the colors as far as RGB, like you said.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:44:54 pm

Always happy to lend a hand. As to your question, you need to change your bit depth to access the High Dynamic Range(HDR). There is an icon at the bottom of the project panel(to the right of the make new comp icon) and by default it will be 8 bpc(bits per channel). By holding down Alt+clicking it you can increase the bit depth to 32bpc.

Here's the Adobe page on Bit Depth

and here's a tutorial from VideoCoPilot on HDR. 11. Introduction to HDR & 32bpc

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Feb 1, 2013 at 3:06:42 am

once again. thanks. I changed my project to 32 bit. and the colors got brighter so I know it's working. also I went to the color of the text and changed rgb to what you said but when i keyframe movement it blurs but only a very small amount. how did you get it to blur so much

Return to posts index

by on Feb 1, 2013 at 4:48:23 am

If you set up your keyframes close together with quick motion and enable both motion blur toggles, then it would be because you don't have your shuttle angle set high enough. Press Cntl+K to open your comp settings, click the advance tab and change the shuttle angle from the default of 180 to 720.

Adobe Help on Motion Blur

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Feb 1, 2013 at 7:23:51 am

wow. You are awesome. Thanks so much. one last question. I'll have a set of words and then precomp them together. then I duplicate the precomp and change the color on the duplicated one but it changes for both. so would i have to change each individual word's color rather than just a precomp of words.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: How to get this animation effect.
by on Feb 1, 2013 at 9:34:50 am

spencer

I duplicate the precomp and change the color on the duplicated one but it changes for both. so would i have to change each individual word's color rather than just a precomp of words.

If you duplicate a Precomp in TimeLine, the Source Layer will remain the same. So to get rid off this problem, Duplicate the Precompe in Project panel and then Replace it with the Previous one.

Replace Footage :

To replace the source footage of one or more layers:

In a Timeline window, select the layer or layers to be replaced.
Hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) as you drag a footage item or composition from the Project window to either of the following places containing the selected layers: the Composition window or the Timeline window.
Release the mouse and then the keyboard key.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

by on Feb 1, 2013 at 2:16:32 pm

Since Vishesh answered the precomp/duplication question, just have to say, glad we could help. Good luck on your project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]