ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Sphere not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin ThompsonCC Sphere not working
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 5:55:04 pm

So I got a map of earth and in premiere I placed a few videos on top of that map. I then imported that project into After Effects so that I could use cc sphere and make a globe.
But it's not making a sphere. The top and bottom are completely blank. If I run cc sphere on just the map, it works perfectly, but when I run it on the map with extra videos on top, it's this sphere with the tops and bottoms cut out (I can see the inside of earth at the poles)

So is there any way to merge down everything onto just the map layer? Where am I going wrong?

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: CC Sphere not working
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 6:25:38 pm

Austin

Put the Map and Videos in one comp and make sure there is no blank space is left. This means that the comp covers everything completely and there is no blank space left.
Now apply CC Sphere to the Comp.

A screenshot of Composition panel with the map and videos on it would solce the issue.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Austin ThompsonRe: CC Sphere not working
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 7:39:07 pm

I've been trying that, but is there a way to force the comp to take on the dimensions of the project? It keeps trying to push the project to fill the comp settings

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: CC Sphere not working
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 8:20:01 pm

What Visesh means is you need use a precomp to do this. Drag your map on to the make new comp icon in the project panel. Now place your videos over the map, spacing them out in the timeline. Press "Cntl+K" and rename this comp "Map Precomp"

Now make a make a new composition "Final" with your final dimensions. Take "Map Precomp" and drop it into your final composition. Now apply the CC Sphere effect to the "Map Precomp" layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Austin ThompsonRe: CC Sphere not working
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 8:38:33 pm

Oh...thanks! I think I was trying to take 15 shortcuts simultaneously. When I just burnt it all and started from scratch and used your suggestions, it worked perfectly first time. Thanks so much to both of you!!!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: CC Sphere not working
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:46:47 pm

Glad you got it worked out and we were able to help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: CC Sphere not working
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 6:03:59 am

Thanks John for explaining the procedure clearly :)

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]