COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jermaul west
How can i do these effects.
on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:52:12 am

Ok I am trying to find out how to do 2 effects from this music video

the effect is at 1:15-1:20
the first one is the all Black room.
The second is the flying in and bouncing text.

I have done some text before but could never get it to do that.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How can i do these effects.
on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:17:29 pm

Black room looks to be a practical(shot that way) effect. It's a black room with a strong back light and a very focused key light. Keylight looks to be placed nearly above him, putting him in a pool of light. If you had to I supposed you could green screen him with a strong back light to give him good separation and put him in a black room in post. But doing it on location is always the better option.

As far as the bouncing text, you do that by just packing keyframes really close together with sporadic positions. The trail is achieved by enabling the motion blur buttons.

To get the extreme motion blur, press "cntl + K" to open up your comp settings, switch to the advance tab and crank the shutter angle up to 720 degrees.
Here's a quick sample project demonstrating motion blur: 5315_motionblurontext.aep.zip

Since you are probably starting out with AE, I strongly suggest you take a look at Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6). #4 has great links to 3 sets of tutorials for the video learning AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

jermaul west
on Jan 26, 2013 at 5:04:29 pm

Thank you for the information I will try that.
I have done a few things in after effect. I'm a very fast learn no play with settings till I understand them. Just getting some effects I don't understand.
But I will check out all the information you said and try to do a test before the real filing.
As you said its better to do it in life then in the software.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 28, 2013 at 12:57:16 pm

Glad I could help, if you have more specific questions, come back and we will try to figure them out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paulo Dias
on Jan 30, 2013 at 12:38:59 pm

Hi

The text movement you're talking about is known as 'kinetic typography'. Google it and you'll find a lot of tutorials. You may also search 'text animation in after effects'. Anyway, you must be patient and start from the beginning, like John told you. And text animation is a good way to start. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]