ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text Animation/video effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bryant tyText Animation/video effects
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 11:06:47 pm

I'm fairly new to after effects but definetely yearning for learning! Something I'm trying to figure out is making animations similar to videos like these. Your help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Return to posts index

John FisherRe: Text Animation/video effects
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:23:03 am

There several aspects to consider in both videos. I haven't watched them all, just a few seconds of each one. It is possible to do it in AE and probably with a few key frames and expessions.

I wouldn't aim for some like that if yu're a beginner. Try animating text on a solid background first. Learn how to make text move up and down, in and out. Learn how to animate per character and per word. Work with the basic effects provided with AE and then start to create your own. Working with text in a more complex manner will come slow after wards.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Text Animation/video effects
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:39:58 am

In the first video, Text animation is done using Masks, Liquify and many more in-built AE effects. To Give the dynamic look, Turbulent Displacement is used with a loop in Evolution parameter.

Most of the Text integrated into the scene using 3D Camera Tracker(If you have AE CS6, 3D Camera Tracker will do it in just two clicks).

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved