ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bouncing Object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald HapemanBouncing Object
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 6:37:19 pm

Tried doing a few bounce techniques but just can't get it right. I'm sure an expression would just do the trick for this, but not really sure how to word what I'm looking to do aside from a bouncing object attached to a string. Here is an example of what I wish to do: (another AE site, so I hope that's okay...)

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/drop-in-your-logo-with-som...

I basically have my framed object attached to a chain and want to come up with this move. Looked up bouncing object, text, ect and all I can find are bouncing ball or bouncing text tuts... Any suggestions or expressions... or tuts aside from the paid above that will help me achieve this more organic movement? Not being cheap... I'm just poor beyond poor. Truly appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Bouncing Object
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 7:01:06 pm

I just read the comments below the tutorial and found this expression that I applied to the anchor point(you have to add a layer marker to your layer or it returns an error)

freq=1.0;//oscillation per second
amplitude = -30;
decay = 1.0;
t = time - marker.key(1).time;
posCos = Math.abs(Math.cos(freq*t*2*Math.PI));
y = amplitude*posCos/Math.exp(decay*t);
anchorPoint - [0,y]

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gerald HapemanRe: Bouncing Object
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:05:15 pm

Thank you!! I'll give that a go...!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Bouncing Object
by on Dec 19, 2012 at 2:09:56 am

If it doesn't help, try posting in the expressions forum, they will come up with something that will work for you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]