ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Create shape from center (center point or anchor point is where I start dragging my cursor)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian LeeCreate shape from center (center point or anchor point is where I start dragging my cursor)
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 3:14:51 pm

Just like in Gimp, a photo editing software, you have the option to create a shape from center, which means at where I start dragging my cursor to draw that shape, that will be the center point / anchor point of my shape. I am used to that, that's my nature. I loathe to create a shape, or can be mask too from its corner. I prefer drawing from center. So is there a preference setting for this? Thanks guy!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Create shape from center (center point or anchor point is where I start dragging my cursor)
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 4:33:13 pm

On the PC you would hold down "shift+cntl" when creating your shape and will scale from the center. That will not put the anchor point in the center though. You can use the Pan Behind/Re-position Anchor Point Tool(Y) to do that though and if you hold down "cntl" you can get the anchor point to snap to the center of your shape.

Starting with Tutorial 17, Andrew Davis covers pretty much everything you could ever want to know about shape layers. After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Create shape from center (center point or anchor point is where I start dragging my cursor)
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 4:34:41 pm

This information is in the After EffectsHelp section on drawing shapes:
http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/creating-shapes-masks.html#creat...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Create shape from center (center point or anchor point is where I start dragging my cursor)
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 4:48:56 pm

On a mac you hold down the Command key which is sometimes called the Apple or Flower key.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]